Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Race Report and then SOME

I forgot to post about the Sea Horse Challenge that I did on May 27th, so here is the report on the race. Started off really rough in the water as the previous week I had a KILLER swim in the Pokagon triathlon, but I also had 5 swim days to lead up to this race day. My shoulders were not there, but I still have a 100 meter cadence of 1:40 with my shoulders were shot.

Biking was a lot better then the swim and it was a solid performance as well. The day before I had a 56 mile bike ride at moderate pace and also two other rides during the week. My legs before the race were darn near gone and I was worried that I would not be able to show up with them. It turned out the bike coarse was fairly challenging. Long steady climbs in heavy head winds and crappy roads, but I still some how mananged to turn in a a sub hour performance. about 1:30 quicker then Pokagon, so there is a upside.

The running portion I knew was going to be rough for my because I punched in 51 miles before sunday, so I had some lactic acid in my legs. I took the run at a moderate pace thinking it would be relatively slower, but I turned in a 40 minute 6.6 mile run, so it was not terrible, but it was the fastest one of the day.

After all these semi efforts I turned in a 3rd place overall, but not my butt handed to me by some guy from Chicago.. Not bad for a "C" race though..

Since this last week race I have been punching some serious numbers in for times. Getting eager for Syracuse and I can not wait til I kick some rear end. Everything will fall in place and I will be turning some major heads. Peace, love, and chicken grease

No comments:

Post a Comment