Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day BEFORE!

It is Saturday and my nerves have not raised one bit and I am getting nervous because I feel as if my body is not ready or my mind just don't care. I had to rent a wheelset because I want the edge on the competition and I am getting a wheelset put on today from the local bike shop, so this may spark some anxiety into my system. This will be my first race of being completely aero'd out with the new helmet and some Profile 80's for my bike.

The first day I was in New York I did a 10 mile TT on the bike and hardly pushed and was hitting between 25-26 mph into some wind and cross winds. The legs felt a little lactic acid, but not to bad.

Yesterday I went for a 2 mile run with the dogs, so they could sleep and I could actually get some sleep in on this trip. I did a 800 meter hard run and did it in 2:19, so I am feeling fast and strong in the run. I did not bike today but my legs feel fast and rested. No lactic acid in my legs on this day.

Now for today I get to get the wheelset put on and everythign adjusted for my big day, so I will put a couple miles on the bike and lead into a brick run of a mile or so to make sure my legs are there still. Then I will rest my day away and await for the morning to come again!

My number is 831 and I will be the one chasing from behind! Time to bring out the guns and blow some people off the ground :)

No comments:

Post a Comment