Friday, February 10, 2012

Crazziiineeessss in PANAMA

1st day in Panama was not a successful day at all. The emotions have not settled in and I want to be focused but my mind is else where. The reason for that is because customs F***ED my chain up!! I tinkered with it for about 3 hours before I called it quits. The best thing about the first day was i got roughly 10 hours of sleep.. CHING CHING

2nd day in Panama was still A very messed up day, but it got better at the end of the day.. Woke up this morning and just straight up cut my chain and put the rest of the bike together and got in a taxi and went to athlete check in.. Taxi drivers drives me 4 miles passed my point and drops me off.. I have to walk back up to the place and get to the bike expo to get it fixed.. on the way i spotted a cruiser rental and had them fix the chain.. they did fix it... for the most part.. arriving to the expo/ athlete check in I figure I should get it checked out.. 30 bucks for a basic adjustment.. pointed out what I needed fixed.. Came and asked you fix chain "oh yeah yeah yeah." I get on the bike and no sooner then hitting .5 miles on the bike at 24 mph the chain gives away and breaks in TWO places!! My body jolts forward and I catch myself and thankful for me there were 6 people watching.. all spoke english.. Take it back to the bike expo and tell them and they fix it for 80 bucks.

Now the day gets better.. I got the bike fixed, but HELL when I got on that friggin thing.. I pushed 75% race pace and i will not throw out numbers, but Lance AND Chris better watch me in their blind spot!! Felt strong for a short 20 minute ride.. Then to top off my day I found 5 bucks in the elavator :)..

Tomorrow is going to be a good F***ING day!! Bike and RUNNING.. "The sky is limit and I want to see where the sky really ends"

No comments:

Post a Comment