Wednesday, February 15, 2012

After MATH!!

Well Panama 70.3 was not the successor I thought it was going to be for me, BUT it was not a bust at all. I struggled during the race but before and after the race I learned a lot about human body. This is being my true first year in the triathlon world and I am just learning from my experience. Met some great people down here that really showed me what I should be doing and how to prepare myself. I did dodge some bullets in this race, but also felt like two bullets shot me in the leg.

The race started off with a blistering swim.. 1.2 miles in 24:20 WOW!! I met a guy down here who was aiming for 26 and he got 21 minutes, so i did improve.. swimming was his strong point.. The bike coarse I absolutely loved, but this is where I went and got hammered at. Being in the sun and on black top riding in 100 + degree weather didn't favor me at all! Last 2-3 miles on the bike was experiencing big cramps in the quads. I knew the run was going to be way off. I did the bike coarse very well as well! Then came the run I was sitting in 1st place and was looking at a worlds spot, but could not perform. As soon as the legs hit the ground I experience quads, hamstring, and calf cramps. Which made it so I could not get a stride going! Like I said before I learned a lot about my body and how to prepare.

My legs are completely shot, but today i got in a nice 4 mile run and some strokes in the pool.. Ready to jump back on the training schedule and looking to really open it up in New Hampshere June 3rd.. Going to claim my worlds position! Peace, Love, and Chicken grease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment