Friday, October 28, 2011

Back into the SWING

HOOOORRRAAAAAYYYYYY!! I am back into the swing of things this year (2011). It has been roughly 2 years since I did some racing or any sort of racing. Had a few detours in life from moving from my beloved Michigan to North Carolina, having some surgery done on my ankle, and having some skeptical heart condition. No worries though fellow BLOGGERS I am back in the swing of doing some SEERIOUS training!

I got a new bike at the end of June; a gorgeous Trek Speed Concept 2.5. What a piece of work this bike is.. Such a good addition to my weapons closet! Been putting some hard and long miles on her already. She loves it and she loves me; her name is BONNIE, and she is one of the GIRLFRIENDS.

Mid July is when I got to run my 1st mile in 18 months, because of surgery I had in March. I also could not run for almost a year before surgery, because of the pain my ankle was in. After that first mile I knew right then and there what I wanted to do for the summer, but who knew it would turn into something like this!

This was the first year I actually swam over 200 meters for training and I need some work done for my stroke, but I am knocking out a mile swim 4-6 days a week. Feeling stronger and stronger with my strokes.

I had a successful summer with 4 races this season. I competed in 2 sprint triathlons, 1 messed up distant race, and 70.3 Ironman. Put up some great times and some stellar placings, but did i bust my ass to do so!

Well stay tuned for some more news and updates on what I am doing and going through.. I promise you this my BLOGGERS that it will be a hell of a ride for me and you as well.. Peace love and chicken grease

1 comment: